Why Choose Professional Mosquito Control in Auburn
Mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance. They can carry diseases that can make you and your family very sick. That is why it is important to have a mosquito control plan in place for your home or business. Here, we will discuss the types of mosquitoes found in Auburn, the benefits of purchasing a mosquito control service, and what to look for when choosing a mosquito exterminator.
Types of Mosquitoes in Auburn
You probably found your way to this blog because you’re dealing with annoying mosquitoes, but did you know there are four species of mosquitoes in Auburn, AL?
Each of these species has its own dangers and methods for control:
- Yellow Fever Mosquito
- Asian Tiger Mosquito
- Eastern Tree-Hole Mosquito
- Southern House Mosquito
All of these mosquitoes are known to be carriers of diseases such as the Zika virus and the West Nile Virus. They breed quickly in areas of standing water such as outdoor pet bowls, birdbaths, clogged gutters, flowerpots, and more. A mosquito control company will be able to do a walk-through of your property to identify breeding grounds.
Benefits of Hiring a Mosquito Exterminator
There are many benefits to professional mosquito control including:
- Reduced exposure to mosquitoes and the diseases they carry
- More enjoyable outdoor time spent outdoors, without getting itchy bites
- You’ll spend less time and money on DIY mosquito control products
- Helps prevent Heartworms in pets
How To Choose a Mosquito Control Provider
When choosing a mosquito control company, it is important to consider the following:
- The company's experience and qualifications - the company should be qualified and certified to provide professional mosquito control services.
- The types of services offered - it’s best to choose a company that offers customized mosquito control for your home. One-size fits all extermination doesn’t typically work!
- The company's reputation - you should choose a company with highly-rated reviews from current or previous customers.
The Best Forms of Mosquito Control
In Auburn, there are lots of mosquitoes, so there are many different types of mosquito control services available. The three main options are:
- Barrier methods - such as nets and screens to keep mosquitoes from entering a home or business. They aren't always effective because mosquitoes can fly over or around them.
- Larvicide treatments - these treatments use chemicals to kill mosquito larvae before they can grow into adults.
- Adulticide treatments - use pesticides that are sprayed to kill adult mosquitoes and aren't the best option because they can be harmful to people, pets, and the environment.
At SafeSpray, we utilize both spray mosquito treatments, and a non-spray system what's called the "In2Care Mosquito Trap" that attracts mosquitoes and feeds them slow-killing larvicides. Our mosquito spray treatments are eco-friendly because they dry within 30-minutes, drastically decreasing the risk to your family, pets, and the environment. It’s important to take action against mosquitoes by hiring a professional mosquito control service. They will be able to reduce the population of mosquitoes on your property and help you enjoy your surroundings safely.