Don’t let Termites take a bite out of your home!
Termites play a valuable role in the environment, they break down wood to be used by the ecosystem. However, in your home they can do a lot of damage. Termites damage roughly 600,000 homes per causing $5 billion per year.
Subterranean termites are the most common species of termites in most places in the U.S. In states like California and Florida, drywood termites are just as prevalent as subterranean termites. There are numerous species of subterranean termites – one of the most aggressive and destructive species are Formosan termites. They can form a carton nest above ground, limiting their need for ground contact.
Termites live in colonies each with a specific role. There are workers, soldiers, and reproductive. As a colony matures, it may release winged males and females – or “swarmers.” If they survive,
swarmers will settle, shed their wings and form a new colony.
Swarming season occurs in late spring through fall depending on the species and geographic location.
In order to properly control termites, it helps to understand ways termites might get into your home. That way, you can spot and shut down any vulnerable areas they might use before they get the chance. Termites only need a crack 1/32 inch wide to enter a building.
Here are four ways they sneak in
- Through cracks in the foundation around plumbing
- Through expansion joints
- Inside hollow block walls
- Up the side of foundation walls and piers
To stop termites there are three steps you can take to protect your home
- Remove food source
- Resolve any moisture issues
- Contact SafeSpray Pest Control!
SafeSpray Pest Control can eliminate your subterranean termites with either a liquid termite treatment or our baiting service.
Liquid Termite Treatment – a treatment of liquid termiticide will be applied to the soil down to the footer depth around the entire perimeter of the structure. Conventional treatments may also include treatments within a structure. This is generally a much more intrusive option.
Termite Baiting – the placement of bait stations in the soil around the foundation of a home. SafeSpray uses the Advance Termite Baiting System.
Our most popular treatment is the Advance Termite Baiting System
- Worker termites find the bait stations and feed it to the rest of the colony
- The bait won’t allow termites to molt—grow naturally—so they die
- When termite workers die, so does the colony, including its queen, the source of the problem
- No more termites means no more termite problem
Below are a few of the many benefits the Advance System offers
- No more termites means no more termite problem.
- Reduces Human and Animal Exposure
- Termites feed directly on the bait
- Bait placed in bait stations below grade
- Less disruptive than liquid treatment
- More environmental friendly option
The Advance Termite Bait System has become a favorite among home builders for termite pre-treats. Learn more at https://safespraypestcontrol.com/termite-defender/builder-solutions/
Contact us today for more information visit our website or contact us today.
SafeSpray Pest Control
221 Lee Rd 10 #7
Auburn, AL 36830