“I have used SafeSpray 6+ years and they are very thorough when taking care of my family’s needs in the yards. Thank you SafeSpray for a great job done every time!”
Keep Your Loved Ones Safe from Fleas
Managing and eliminating fleas is one of the largest expenses a pet owner will face. Although fleas cannot fly, they are very capable of jumping long distances, which only makes controlling and treating for fleas more difficult. Luckily, you don’t have face fleas alone! Our certified flea exterminators are here to make sure your children and pets are safe from these potentially life-threatening pests.
Flea Treatment in Alabama
Did you know that fleas peak during the month of August? No matter the time of year, the exterminators at SafeSpray are here to provide you with professional flea control in Alabama. With us on your side, you don’t have to worry about money-wasting DIY flea control treatments that could end up being more harmful in the long run.
Family-Friendly Flea Control
With fleas, you already have to worry about your family or pets catching one of the various diseases they carry—you don’t need to be stressing about flea sprays filled with harsh chemicals! Our flea control includes 8 treatments throughout the months of March to October, and we only use EPA-approved treatment methods and products that dry within 30 minutes. When you partner with SafeSpray for flea control treatments, you can rest assured that our flea spray will not contaminate your loved ones, furry friends, or the environment.
How We Treat for Fleas
Eliminating fleas is not easy and may take some time—in fact, Americans spend over $9 billion annually trying to eliminate fleas and ticks! We often find that just one treatment is not enough to completely rid your home of fleas. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t impossible! SafeSpray is here to help with our flea control services. Our flea exterminators will help identify and put in place a flea management plan.
Our flea control includes:
- Identifying the flea species.
- Inspecting for rodents that could be a contributor to the problem.
- Using eco-friendly products to treat the current flea infestation.
- Same-day service when you call before noon on weekdays.
- The creation of a flea prevention plan for your home.
How to Prevent Fleas
Flea eggs cannot be killed, which is why most flea control treatments are targeted toward adult fleas. It’s important that you follow these key flea prevention tips; otherwise, any treatment that professional flea exterminators complete is not effective. These flea prevention measures include:
- Preventative medication for your pets.
- Regular bathing and grooming of your pets.
- Vacuuming thoroughly prior to treatment and daily for up to one week after treatment—dispose of vacuum bags as fleas can reproduce in the bags, therefore, re-infesting your home.
- Frequently washing and drying pet bedding.
- Treating affected areas using SafeSpray’s safe and effective flea control products.
Where are Fleas Found?
Adult fleas depend on blood from a host to survive—that host can range from dogs, cats, rats, mice, squirrels, and even humans. Fleas are typically found in secretive places such as:
- In your pet’s fur.
- Under or on furniture.
- In cracks and grooves on floors.
- Nestled in carpet and bedding.
Do Fleas Carry Disease?
Yes, fleas can transmit many diseases—some can even be deadly to humans if not treated immediately. To protect your family, call the professional flea exterminators at SafeSpray today for flea control in Alabama.
Fleas can transmit the following diseases:
- Flea tapeworm—this can be transmitted to children if they accidentally eat an infected flea or come in contact with infected flea feces.
- Bartonellosis—this is transmitted by the cat flea and rat flea, as now as cat scratch disease.
- Flea-borne typhus-—this is transmitted by the bacteria found in the cat flea feces during a bite or scratch.
- Plague—this is transmitted by the rat flea.
- Tungiasis—this is transmitted by the burrowing flea (chigger, sand flea, chigoe).
No Contract Flea Treatment
When you partner with SafeSpray, flea treatment is included in many of our pest control packages—in fact, it’s part of our mosquito control treatment. No matter which service or program you sign up for, you’re never required to sign into an unnecessary contract. Our flea exterminators are here to give one-time treatments or provide year-round services—whichever you need, we provide! Please note that while our flea control treatments do not require contracts, our termite control does require a contract in the state of Alabama.
As a locally owned company, we’re proud to provide flea treatment in the following areas:
- Phenix City
- Lake Martin
- Camp Hill
- Alexander City
- Decatur, AL
- And more!
- Smiths Station
- Athens, AL